Hosting a new years party this year? Not sure what to serve? Well we have some entertaining tips that will dazzle your guests and help ensure that your party will be a hit!
Whether you are hosting an evening soiree or a small intimate gathering, food and beverage are a must. New Years Eve isn’t a party with out something to nibble on or a cocktail in hand.
It is one of the biggest party nights of the year and this annual occasion is ideal for serving exquisite and impressive drinks. While straight Champagne is a traditional way to celebrate, we suggest mixing it up with some bubbly concoctions or party themed punch:
- 1 oz Don Julio Blanco Tequila
- Splash simple syrup (one part sugar, one part water)
- .5oz Champagne
Garnish: Strawberry slice Glass: Champagne flute
Sorbet & Champagne:
* 1 teaspoon sorbet (we like raspberry or passion fruit)
* Chilled Champagne or Prosecco
Directions: Scoop sorbet into a champagne flute. Fill with chilled Champagne or Prosecco; stir.
Blood Orange Punch:
- 2 bottles (25 ounces each) blood-orange juice, chilled
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) natural orange soda, such as San Pellegrino Aranciata, chilled
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 ounces light rum, such as Appletons
- 5 dashes bitters
- 1 blood orange, or orange, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges and frozen
Directions: Fill ice-cube trays with 1 1/2 cups orange juice, and freeze. To make punch, stir remaining orange juice, soda, lime juice, rum, and bitters into a 16-cup punch bowl. Before serving, add frozen orange slices. Add ice cubes as needed to keep chilled.
Instead of chips and dip opt for some savoury bite size snacks for your guests. These suggestions are not only a crowd pleaser but also a bit more filling than a carrot stick!
They are also easily picked up from your local grocery store that carries PC products if you don’t have the time to cook.
Mini Festive Sliders:
Stuffed Sweet Mini Peppers & Spicy Shrimp Bisque
Cheese and Antipasto Platter & Glazed Cocktail Meatballs:
Ice Cream Sandwiches & Chocolate Truffles for Dessert:
Here’s to good times with family and friends, resolutions and happy tummies!
Pictures courtesy of: Martha Stewart Living and Presidents Choice.