This week I thought I would share with you a colour inspiration that I have been obsessing over lately. The pairing of yellow and blue; particularly cobalt and lemon, can act as a great colour palette for a late summer or early fall wedding.
How to achieve this look:
1. Linens: Look for rich textured cobalt or navy blue tablecloths – think regal. Your white china will pop beautifully sitting a top a dark lusterous linen.
2. Florals: Choose Crespedia, Sunflowers, Yellow Gerbs or Yellow Carnations
Blue flowers are a perfect match to yellow flowers. Their togetherness creates a high contrast for an eye-catching combination. Try mixing pale blue hydrangea with bright yellow roses – beauty!
Not a fan of flowers? Lemons can be used to create a modern and unique arrangement.
3. Cake: Get creative with your cake – mix patterns, play with different hues of blue and yellow, and find a stately looking cake stand.
4. Accessories: play up your accessories with a mix of yellow and blue. Incorporate blue pumps, sapphire jewellery or a gorgeous blue sash. For the men, have fun with a patterned tie, bow tie or socks.
5. Stationary: Set the stage of your event with a colourful invitation. Give your guests a hint at what’s to come!
Stay tuned next week, as we will be featuring some additional colour combinations that can be used to compliment your wedding day theme.